Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who says Standard Poodles aren't guard dogs?




Last night someone tried to break into our house! It was about 2 in the morning and I heard Charlie get up and walk into the kitchen. I immediately started thinking Charlie do not wake up the baby! But then I started hearing our back door open. On the back door of our house is a lock that works similarly to a chain lock but instead of a chain it is a metal bar. So the lock was locked but the knob was not. I started to hear this opening and hear Charlie growling really low and loud so I wake up Dave and tell him someone is breaking in and Charlie is growling (so he will believe me because this is not the first time I have told him someone was breaking in). He gets up walks down the hall and finds our back door open to as far as the lock allows for luckily no one was still there. We called the police and they came to take a look so despite no one getting hurt it was creepy all the same. Needless to say Dave and I are really thankful we have a large Standard Poodle and locks on our doors. I bet you all wish you had a mop of a dog guarding your house now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand exactly how you feel! I have three Standard Poodles and feel confident that no one would break in to the house. They might now bite them, but sure would scare them away with all their barking and carrying on!

Check out my website all about Standard Poodles

http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com

The Neves Clan said...

That's creepy. Praise the Lord nothing happened! Good boy, Charlie!